Greater Manchester Black and Asian Police Association (BAPA) seeks to improve the working environment of all staff members employed by the Police and Crime Commissioner of Greater Manchester enhancing the quality of service to the public of Greater Manchester.
These objectives shall be met by:
- Providing a support network.
- Providing a social network.
- Steering the direction of the force policies in line with equality
- Advising and consulting on race issues, fairness and equality issues
- locally within Greater Manchester.
- Working towards improving relationships between Greater Manchester Police and minority ethnic communities of Greater Manchester.
- Working towards improving recruitment, retention and progressionof staff members employed by the Police and Crime Commissioner of Greater Manchester.
- Facilitating the improved relationship with other organisations within Greater Manchester or nationally.
Assisting the force in the development of new and existing policies where necessary.